¿What is Apúntate?
“Apúntate” is a fundraising initiative that supports our Tutoring Centers and help us build a better future for our childhood.
Due to the severe economic issues and struggles of Puerto Rico the current state of the public school system in the island is dire.
- 70% of the students enrolled in public schools are classified as having “economic disadvantages”.
- More than half of the population under the age of 18 live below the poverty line.
- 4 out of 10 students enrolled in primary school dropout.
- It is estimated that by the year 2030 over 150,000 students will drop out of school.
- 70% of inmates in Puerto Rico are school dropouts.
With our mentoring and tutoring, the students in our program accomplish academic excellence and become one less number in dropout statistics giving them the opportunity to be instruments of change in our society.
By contributing $10 a month you’ll directly support ReHace's social justice work with children in Puerto Rico, joining our group of HOPE BUILDERS